President of DMTI Spatial, Toronto, Ont.
WHY HOT? MAPPING TECHNOLOGY PROVES VALUE IN FLOODING ASSESSMENT
As part of our goal to expand Internationally, DMTI was acquired by Neopost in October 2013. Neopost is a $1-billion organization that does business in over 90 countries with 800,000 customers. The acquisition sets the stage for the introduction of DMTI’s cloud based technology outside of Canada.
Expansion of our location-based ecosystem to help our customers better manage their equity based (insurance/mortgage) financial decisions was certainly a milestone.
What needs to be changed in the insurance industry?
Location intelligence needs to be recognized as a tool that evolves the insurance business
by increasing speed of decision making, validates the integrity of customer information and helps analyze data to act on trends – increasing the overall business performance.
There needs to be proactive risk assessment through location-based solutions: having viable solutions that determine accumulation and risk concentration enable proactive decision making and proper portfolio analysis.
The use of location-based solutions during crisis and rebuilding situations like the Alberta flood or Quebec train derailment is important; location-based information can ensure we are providing the right level of emergency services to the families impacted at the same time as ensuring that we manage the risk/exposure of the event itself.
President, DMTI Spatial (2013)
- Vice President & General Manager, DMTI Spatial (2011-2013)
- Vice President- Canadian Systems Business Unit, Sun Microsystems (2005-2011)
- Canadian General Manager, BroadVision Inc. (2000-2003)
- Senior Management, Crystal Decisions (1996-2001)
- Regional Sales Manager, Software Publishing Corporation (1993-1995)
|Years of Experience:
Over 20 years of experience
- Bachelor of Business Management, Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology (1986-1988)
- Material Management Diploma, Humber College
To read the full feature, click on the following link Insurance Business Hot List 2014